The national community has been in the process of developing, refining, and committing to a shared vision for rigorous and equitable K-12 CS.
We help the CS education community improve their ability to serve all students by:
- Creating community-sourced definitions of rigor across multiple stakeholders, including curriculum development, implementation, funding and research agendas
- Advocating for strategies and metrics that promote equity, diversity, and inclusion goals so all students benefit from quality CS programs
- Adding to the knowledge base and advocating for research-based practices in all implementation work
We’ve been presenting our research work via SIGCSE (ACM’s Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education), this website, and our Medium.
We’re proud to share our work on RPPforCS, a Landscape of CS Curriculum, Crucial Repositories, CSforWhat?, Recommendations for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and Insights from the SCRIPT Workshop as it’s been implemented across the country.
Come Check out our Current Project Pages:
- RPPforCS – Leading the working group of 23 NSF-funded Researcher Practitioner Partnerships
- Home4CS – An initiative to encourage higher education institutions to expand teacher preparation programs
Visions RPP – A deep examination of a group of 16 districts that have engaged with SCRIPT, and insights around their implementation strategy, and its coherence with their Visions for CS education
- Knowledge Forum – A convening of researchers to define and address key issues in K-12 CS education