Increase rigor and equity
The national community needs to develop, test, and refine strategies that improve our ability to serve all students.
- AI and Data Science Education - What would it take to double the number of undergraduates pursuing computational-related degrees and to increase the percentages of those degree programs providing fundamentals in AI and DS to all learners?
- Pledges to support CS Education - CSforALL helps move the community forward by calling on school and district leaders in the United States to commit to expanding CS access to all students
- RPPforCS - together with SageFox Consulting, CSforALL leads a working group of currently funded NSF Research Practice Partnerships focused on CS education.
- Home4CS - NSF funded project to identify opportunities for schools of education to increase their capacity to prepare teachers to teach computer science.
- Expanding Computing Education Pathways - (ECEP) Alliance is a National Science Foundation Broadening Participation in Computing Alliance that seeks to increase the number and diversity of students in K-16 computing and computing-intensive degrees by promoting state-level computer science education reform. ECEP works with 22 states and Puerto Rico to develop effective and replicable broadening participation in computing interventions and to create state-level infrastructure to foster equitable computing education policies
- Equitable CS District Learning Cohort - The Equitable Computer Science District Learning Cohort is a new initiative by CSforALL to support leading districts to surface and share best practices around scaling equitable Computer Science education.
- Knowledge Forum - convening of researchers to define and address key issues in K-12 CS education.
- CSforALL and Out of School Time - Work with out of school time educators and programs to identify opportunities to include computer science education and participate in the CSforALL community.
Support Local Change
Education is an inherently local enterprise, and school districts are the unit of change for ensuring that CS is implemented with rigor, inclusion, and sustainability goals.
- SCRIPT - resources and process to aid school systems and local education agencies in strategic planning for CS education.
- EcoSystemsforCS - an initiative to promote community-led systems change in K-12 computer science education
- JROTC-CS - CSforALL is collaborating with the US Air Force JROTC HQ and additional partners to launch JROTC-CS, a demonstration project to design and test implementation models for the long-term scale-up of evidence-based computer science and cybersecurity education programs for students in the Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps.
- Marines JROTC-CS - The United States Marines JROTC-CS project, a new cohort led by CSforALL, will grow and strengthen the diversity of the tech workforce, bridging the computer science education access gap at Junior ROTC schools.
- CS Visions - research project to define the values that drive K-12 CS adoption and can be aligned with the design process
- Office Hours - CSforALL members can schedule opportunities to receive consultation and support from the CSforALL team
- CS4All NYC - CSforALL grew out of the work done by the New York City Foundation for Computer Science (CSNYC) in 2013 to launch the CS4All 10-year public/private initiative in New York City. Beginning in 2016, CSNYC expanded its focus to supporting the national CS education community, and changed its name to CSforALL to represent the full scope of the organization’s programs.
Grow the movement
CSforALL builds on efforts led by families, educators, school districts, and representatives from government, industry, higher education, and the nonprofit sector across the country.
- CSforALL Membership - the directory for the national CSforALL community, with more than 500 members representing 40 states and nearly 200 content providers
- CSforALL Summit - annual convening to mark progress on the national CSforALL movement and announce new commitments to reach the goal of access to rigorous, inclusive, and sustainable computer science education for all US students
- Community Calls - monthly open calls that feature the work of CSforALL members and address topics of common concern
- CSforALL Slack - communication platform for CSforALL members
- Social media - Twitter and Facebook engagement of the general public