The SCRIPT: Strategic Planning Tool for School Districts
The SCRIPT — the Strategic CSforALL Resource & Implementation Planning Tool — is a framework to guide teams of district administrators, school leaders, and educators through a series of collaborative visioning, self-assessment and goal-setting exercises to create or expand upon a computer science education implementation plan for their students.
School districts and other local education organizations are the unit of change toward creating rigorous, inclusive and sustainable K-12 computer science education. The SCRIPT supports systems-level change by addressing five key areas: (1) Leadership, (2) Teacher Capacity and Development, (3) Curriculum and Materials Selection and Refinement, (4) Partners, and (5) Community.
More than 90% of participants say the SCRIPT helped them identify actionable goals:
“The most useful portion was developing district goals because we were able to do an honest assessment of our current state of CS education, which was a great stepping stone into developing and determining goals, a plan, and the next steps to bringing CS education to the district.”
How to Get Involved
- School Districts: Learn more about upcoming workshops in your area, or connect with us to see if there are already trained SCRIPT Facilitators in your area!
- States: Connect with us to bring a SCRIPT workshop or SCRIPT Facilitator training to your state!
- Local Partners: Join us for a workshop to observe the SCRIPT work in action, learn more about how you can support districts in their work, and lend your expertise on a Partner Panel!
- Funders: Districts are continuously looking for support! Donate space, volunteers, technology, or host a workshop!
- Join CSforALL! Membership is free.
Contact the SCRIPT Team at firstname.lastname@example.org!